Friday, May 1, 2009

Going Mad?

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me...Because I'M DYING HERE STUCK IN MY ROOM, STUDYING REACTION MECHANISMS! AAARGHHH.

I'm obviously going crazy...until the point where I'm quoting nursery rhymes on my blog.

And the nightmare is only beginning...Mr. Francis just announced his little costing test is on Wednesday (!) and we have classes all the way until the 5th. WTF.

And I haven't even mentioned when's the REAL 3 hour paper.

But enough of that.

Yesterday's Stats mock was an indication of how much practice and work is still needed before the real deal. I did the paper hurriedly, a little too nervously and ended up crossing half the thing out because I didn't finish reading the question properly. And I forgot what is positive and negative skewness. Q3-Q2> Q2-Q1 is what? +ve or -ve? Damn it. And Jia Ern, I obviously don't have common sense. I have a bad memory.

So to escape from the horror of that, we decided to go for a little joy-ride to MV's Dragon-I...to eat the RM 1 chicken! It was the first time I was taking public transport and I was pleased to note that the buses were actually quite comfortable, not the ramshackle broken-down contraption that I feared.

At Dragon-I, I ordered my usual fav, siew loong pao and the fried la mian with black fungus and eggs. I swear the serving here at MV is much larger than at Centrepoint! Normally at Centrepoint, my bro and I can share a plate of la mian between us and 3 helpings of the siew loong pao! Wan Joo had this pork and rice dish that was suprisingly tasty while Jia Ern had the same as me. For desert, we had the sago mango pudding with pomelo and again, I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes when you go out with different people, you try new things whereas with my mum and bro, we always order the same thing. And PS, it turned out that the stupid chicken was only from 6-9 pm sheesh.

We were soon joined by Pooh, Ariff, JJ and Andrew but we had to leave at 1.40 in order to catch the bus. And wth, of all days the shuttle had to come early and we missed it! Omg. We sat down and waited in vain until nearly 2 pm, by which we had to fork out for a cab back to college because we didn't want to wait for the 2pm shuttle and miss Francis' class.

Well so much for being so goody-goody. The others; namely Brian, Debra, Tash and Fei Ni were apparently stuck in a jam at IKEA while similarly, Pooh and Ariff were stuck in a jam at MV. Thankfully, Jia Ern had picked a good driver who took us by a long route, but one which was uncongested. At first Joo and I thought that he was trying to cheat us by using a long route, but it didn't turn out to be the case. And we were the only ones back first! And we were twenty to twenty-five minutes late to boot!

On American Idol:-

I caught the 8TV repeat at 9.33 pm yesterday after watching the results show at 8pm. Omg I was sooo gutted that Matt Giraud had finally left the show for good. I actually loved his rendition of "My Funny Valentine" which I thought was innocent, heartfelt and emotionally moving. Mr. Cowell quite rightly called it "brilliant". But he was still eliminated! T_T

At the same time, I also loved Kris Allen's cover of "The Way You Look Tonight", which I actually enjoyed more than Michael Buble's version. But my fav Danny Gokey stole the show with a show-stopping performance of "Come Rain Come Shine". I had become a little frustrated with him in recent weeks, as his vocals had been consistent but his showmanship had been bordering on clumsy and akward. But yesterday night, Danny showed he's ready to make it a fight to finish by raising the bar one more notch and powering through a fantastic performance Well done!

And the impossible also happened...Adam Lambert was in the bottom 3, and in the bottom 2 no less! It was between him and Matt, and for one heart-stopping (hopeful, I must admit) moment, I actually thought he would get the boot over Matt. Looks like the whole gay and *kissing another man* photos has done him way more harm than good. And as much as I don't like him, he's crazy talented and the show would be a lot less interesting without him. And though I love Matt..between him and Adam, he deserves to go more than Adam. After all, he's already been brought back from the dead twice!

And fantastically, Chelsea rocked Europe by earning a 0-0 draw with Barcelona at Camp Nou on Wednesday night in the CL. It was the first time Los Blaugrana had failed to score at home since May 23 last year, when Man Utd had come a-calling at the same stage of the competition. The Golden Guus had got it tactically spot-on again, and the defensive drills clearly paid off with Bosingwa, Terry et al handcuffing, shackling and harassing Messi and co; and generally keeping them quiet all night. Barca had a whopping 71% possesion, but the Blues stood firm with Petr Cech making some brilliant saves and we take the advantage home to Stamford Bridge with us.

UCL Semis 1st leg:-

Chelsea (A) 0 Barca (H) 0
Man Utd (H) 1 Arsenal (A) 0

Tomorrow night:-

Chelsea v Fulham
Man Utd v Boro
Liverpool v Newcastle
Sunderland v Everton

El Clasico: Real Madrid v Barcelona

Are you sure that we're awake? It seems to me
That yet we sleep, we dream. -A Midsummer Night's Dream

1 comment:

feliciayoon said...

u all must have done our exam paper for ur s2 mock.. haha i think i lost my two marks at the skewness question too! :P hahaha