Monday, June 21, 2010

END OF EXAMS

Yup, it's OVER yay! MKTG was easier than expected but INFS was haaaarrrdddd. The case study on Getty Images was given to us a week in advance but Andy and I only anticipated Porter's 5 Forces and the BPMN Model to come out! Mana tahu there would be digital rights management and BI Tools sob. Was quite panicky so I misread the BP question quite a few times, spent half an hour drawing the model again and again eventhough I had prepared it a week ago sigh.

Went to Vivid Sydney at Circular Quay on Saturday night to see the Opera House sails lit up with Lisa, Esther, Andy and Neil. Unfortunately for us, it was pretty much a dud in real life; but looked spectacular in photos! The colours that they flashed onto the sails were pretty dull; black and white along with yellow. Bored after an hour, we trekked ALL THE WAY from CQ to Darling Harbour to watch Holland v Japan! Sydney is one of the International Fifa Fan Fest Locations, 1 of only 6 in the world! There were tons of people there, but we managed to get a spot to sit down and watch the match. It was a pretty dull affair until Wesley Sneidjer rifled in one from 20 yards out; then the game started to get more interesting. Japan had the better of the chances, but Holland were still able to cope with them comfortably enough to see out the rest of the game. Awesome fun :)


The Opera House sails lit up yellow


Sydney International FIFA Fan Fest at Darling Harbour


L to R: me, Lisa, Neil and Andy at CQ


Me and Lisa at DH

Yesterday Esther and I had a marathon football session, watching Italy v New Zealand from 12 am to 2 then Brazil v Cote d'Ivoire from 4.30 am to 5.30 am. We only lasted one half, my yawning was getting uncontrollable! The Azurri v All-Whites game was pretty good, NZ shocked the reigning world champions with an early goal but the Azurri hit back with a Iaquinta penalty after a very harsh decision by the ref to award them a pen. For most of the second half it was all Italy eventhough NZ had some decent chances to wrap up the game. We cooked pasta in the middle of the night while watching the game keke.

Everyone's going home so soon, I'm the last to leave!!!! Please 1st July come faster...Hokkien mee and nasi lemak, I miss you!

Had nothing to do today (EXAMS ARE OVER! How many times have I said that already hehe) so Esther and I went wandering around Camperdown campus and Glebe. Can't wait for Yu Ning and Daphne to finish their exams, we've got a busy weekend lined up! :D

Uh-oh 3 am already better go to sleep. Hot breakfast tomorrow. May just decide to screw it though, the hash browns taste like fish anyway. Going wandering around Sydney CBD tomorrow, I love being free :D

PS Changed my blog design for the first time in 2 years, am so proud :)

WC 2010:-

Brazil 3 Ivory Coast 1 (KAKA GOT SENT OFF ZOMG)
Portugal 7 N. Korea 0
Italy 1 New Zealand 1

No comments: