We survived a late scare, but oh well. All 3 points in the bag thankfully.
Chelsea 4 Bolton 3
Whew! I thought it was going to turn into that horrific 4-4 draw with Villa like last year. Thankfully, Chelsea were already 4-0 up (2 from Didier, one from Ballack and a penalty from Frank) before a mad 8 minutes yielded 3 goals for a stubborn Bolton side. I didn't watch the match...was watching the Man Utd one. A good game, but I feel Sunderland should really have gotten a result because apart from a Macheda moment of magic, Utd were playing with their backs against the wall. It was an added bonus and pleasant surprise to see Ben Foster making his PL debut for the season, but sad to see him make a real hash of a corner to gift the equaliser to Sunderland.
Man Utd 2 Sunderland 1
Spurs 1 West Ham 0
Liverpool 4 Rovers 0
Arsenal 4 Lactics 1
Oh it seems like lucky number 4. All the Big 4 except Man Utd scored 4.
PS A stroke of good fortune at the MPPJ library led me to finding Frank's autobiography: Totally Frank. Great read, I couldn't put it down. But I wish he had left it to later, because there would have been at least 5 more chapters based on what's happened at Chelsea and for him on a personal level since the book was published. But maybe there will be another one after retirement..hmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment