Friday, February 5, 2010

Fond Farewell

So today was mine and Annona's farewell dinner at Melaka Street, SS2. Pooh picked me up at 6.45 pm, because dinner was supposed to be at 7pm. Supposed to be 7 pm. *Malaysia timing haha*. It was raining heavily and what do you know...the roads were jammed. So we only reached SS2 at 7.30. And then we had to round and round and round looking for the restaurant which was "somewhere near Murni". Hmph. Somewhere near Murni my foot la haha. Finally found it close to 8 pm.

The others (Jia Ern, Li-Wei, Annona and Brian) weren't there yet so Pooh and I ordered something to alas perut; cendol for her and apple juice for me. Fei Ni was busy studying for her exam next week while Ariff was sick so it was just a small, cozy party of 6 tonight.

Since Annona was the one who had recommended the restaurant, she did most of the ordering: Chicken in Butter Sauce, Lai You prawns, Tip Pan beancurd, Kangkung Belacan and some spicy fried chicken. No pictures because the others did all the clicking hehe.

At the end of the meal, it was so embarassing because we asked for the bill back, and it turned out that we were 65 cents short; and the captain had paid it for us! Omg, SO MALU. But it was nice of him. And we asked for the bill back because we thought they weren't returning us our change lol. After dinner, we adjourned to KTZ for "loh" and tong sui. Loh is basically shaved ice and sago with fruit. The mango loh was pretty good, even if it had too much sago in the end for me. Pooh, Brian and Li-Wei had honeydew while Annona also had mango. Not too sure what Jia Ern had haha.

Met my dear old friend May Suen and her bf Joshua there, and Pei Fang as well. It seems God is giving me unexpected opportunities to see all my beloved high school mates before I go.

Words cannot describe the good company and the *ahem* fantastic conversations we had, but suffice to say that it was definitely a night to cherish.

Much beloved thanks for my farewell gifts:-



4-leaf clover made by our resident origami queen, Li-Wei. If you're reading this, know that I'm going to miss you so much: Most of all our gossiping about Michael :D and our Twilight-bashing. Make sure you watch Darren Shan before I come back so that we can commiserate about how awful the movie is! You're a lovely, warm friend to have so please don't change!


Cranberry chocolate and a card from Jia Ern. (Random question: Why cranberry? Not that I don't like it (quite the opposite) but I had no idea cranberry chocs existed) Anyway, thank you ever so much for your heartfelt message, I can only thank God for letting me have a friend as fantastic as you. We've had such an awesome time together, I hope that you won't forget me eventhough we're one continent apart.

Goodbye card from Pooh. Pooh, where do I start? This is the girl who bakes for me, picks me up and is always there for me without complaint. May God bless you for being such an incredible friend, I won't forget you la! Good friends are hard to find so I make sure I treasure each and every one of them.

To the others:-

Fei Ni- She doesn't read my blog but anyway, a shout out as always to one of the best friends a person can ask for. Merci bien for being my rock of support and being a rational head when I need good advice. I'm going to miss our outings and your company incredibly, so stay in touch! (Eventhough I know you're supremely busy -_-)

Brian- Brian, if you're reading this (I know you only sporadically read my posts; too much football for your liking I'm sure), thank you so much for being an amazing friend. Conversation is always fun with you, and I'm really going to miss all the good times.

Annona- I know she doesn't read my blog too, but a warm hug to another amazing person. Life is never dull with her, and her personality never fails to liven us up. See you in Canberra okay :)

BPL:-

Chelsea were held to a dissapointing 1-1 draw at the KC Stadium but at least we're still 2 points clear at the top ahead of the 'Big One': Chelsea v Arsenal at the Bridge this Sunday. No news on JT and the England captaincy but all Chelsea fans around the world are praying that Capello has mercy.

No comments: