Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update

Omg finishing that O-Week post was a KILLER. So glad I've got it done so far.

There are lots of things happening at the moment but I'll keep it short and succinct because I really should be doing research for my MKTG 1001 Group Project.

Main Points of Interest:-

Subjects: Introductory Microeconomics (ECON1001), Digital Business Innovation (INFS1000), Accounting 1A (ACCT10011) and Marketing Principles (MKTG1001)

Most people are taking Econs and Business Statistics A (ECMT1001) this semester instead of INFS. Am quite pissed because at enrolment, they asked me to change from ECMT to INFS because the Dean "recommended doing INFS first". I suspect because ECMT was oversubscribed and they were trying to push some poor innocents to INFS. The plus points are that since they are so few people in INFS (approx only 300), the lectures are very small so it's more personal than normal ones; I'd probably rather *suffer* during the first term when the workload is still manageable and lastly, there will be loads of ECMT textbooks on sale next sem :3. Don't get me started on the negatives though hehe.

Timetable:-

Monday: There's Econs lecture (10-12 pm), Marketing lecture (2-4 pm) and INFS lecture (4-6pm). 3/4 lectures in one day so it's not difficult to see why the Monday Blues really affect me.
Tuesday: Mktg tute (10-11am), INFS Lab (2-3pm) and Acctg tute (4-5pm)
Wednesday: Econs tute (2-3pm), INFS Pass (4-5pm) then SUMS Rehearsal from 6.30-9.30 pm
Thursday: Acctg lecture (11-1pm) and Econs PASS (2-3pm)
Friday: Acctg PASS (11-12pm) and Bible Studies at UNSW (7-10pm)

Not really a full schedule, it's a well known fact Commerce students are the laziest on campus with only 12 hours. However, it is an equally well known fact that we have tons of reading to do outside lecture hours so we more than make up for this apparent deficiency. My lecturers are Elina Gilbourd (Econs), Dr. Kai Riemer for INFS, Geoff Fripp for Mktg and no fixed lecturer for Acctg; apparently they all take turns lol. My tutors are Nicholas (Mktg), Chris (Econs) and James (Acctg). I pretty much love them all, but my fav lecturer has got to be for Marketing; because Mr. Geoff really knows how to keep his audience captivated.

Interesting Trivia:-
1. The International Women's Day and Disco was last last Friday. I missed the dinner due to Bible Studies but returned in time for the disco. It was...interesting (?). I have no intention of turning into an alcoholic so I only had two cups of Coke and Vodka. The vodka didn't even get to my head, so we were beginning to suspect that they'd scammed us. There's a Flag Dinner and Disco again this Friday. The same thing is going to happen: Miss dinner due to church and come back for disco. Only difference is that I can't drink this week because of my horrendous cough (At this point in time, the author is currently stricken with a bad touch of 'IH Cough'). Sometimes I do feel extremely regretful that I'm missing so many formal dinners (I'll be missing two more next semester and one more in June) but I feel that Bible Studies is something of a commitment to God; and you can't just walk out of a commitment with God for material pleasures. God is merciful as well; I'm not missing every event; the IH Ball and the International Food Fair are on Saturdays, so cheers!
2. Last Tuesday was the first installment of 'Around the World in 7 Dinners- Pacific Region' and they served us kangaroo meat. I was horrified at first, but I must say, it was pretty tasty. It tastes like a spicier version of beef.
3. We're singing Mozart's Grand Mass in C Minor this term for SUMS
4. PASS sessions are pretty cool, they're a great way to meet new people

That's all for the moment, feeling quite lazy to blog now. GET BACK TO STUDYING!

Oh last note on Chelsea of course:-

Since losing to Man City, we've beaten Wolves 2-0 away, lost to Inter 2-1 at the San Siro and beaten West Ham 4-1 at home. Return leg for CL is tomorrow night I think. We're currently sitting second, a point behind Man Utd with a game in hand and level on points with Arsenal; ahead only on goal difference. Only 8 or 9 more games to go.

Okay so it wasn't that short or succinct. But yea, whatever haha.

No comments: