Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fei Ni's birthday

Me and Carynn outside the cinema after HSM 3

Coriander spaghetti with dory fish yuck.

Clockwise: Brian Chin, Jo Eve, Jebat, Pik Yen, Debra, Tasha, Ariff, Eu Jinn, Carynn, me, Fei Ni, Wan Joo, Jia Ern, Li-Wei

Aha! Fei Ni looks like Ratatouille after Pik Yen dunked her face in the birthday cake


Ooh this is going to be a super long post! What with all the cam-whoring as well.
But anyway, let's start off with the diary log for the day:-

8.30 am: I arrive in Chem class, cursing the traffic jam for spoiling my impeccable record of never being late for class. Sees seats beside me are empty. Carynn is not well but Fei Ni? Maybe it's really jammed so the bus is late.

9.45 am: Eu Jinn askes if she is coming. I say *I think so!*

10.00 am: Wan Joo goes nuts! She commands me and Li-Wei to call her. We comply, but no one answers the phone! Carynn arrives, and she too gets roped in our frantic mission to summon Fei Ni.

10.15 am: By this time I've called 5 times! Li-Wei tries again and luck, she gets through! Fei Ni assures her she's coming and with a sigh of relief, I text Wan Joo.

10.30 am: Fei Ni arrives, and promptly dissapears again outside. Claims that she slept only an hour since Lucinda stayed over to study Accounts. Sweat.

10.40 am: I start taking a few random shots of Li-Wei and Carynn. Lucinda comes in and collects Fei Ni's bag, saying that she's missing Econs class to go sleep in the KE Library. Ooh, not a bad idea. But I know she won't be able to sleep. I hurriedly remember the key chain I bought for her and Lucinda fastens it for me, promising not to tell her who it was.

11.50 am: Me and Li-Wei get together to go over the plan again: Bring her to Manulife so that she won't *terserempak* with the others who are going to the main block, and keep her out of their sight so that she won't see the cake! I go up to the KE library to fetch her (turns out she didn't sleep!) and we begin the long march to Manulife.

12.15 am: Li-Wei takes the long route there (on purpose or what?) and on the way there, we saw this really cool bug that looked like a piece of bark on the parking meter.

12.30 am: Ordered Spaghetti Bolognese with chicken. Li-Wei had chicken carbonara with broccoli while Fei Ni ordered Creamy Mushroom. Sadly, the stupid spaghetti had black pepper all over it and that may have contributed to today's sore throat >< . The spaghetti tasted straight out of the tin, and I was quite surprised to see a Malay lady cooking it.
1.15 pm: After gossiping a little, Fei Ni's restless so we decide to go to the Wisma HELP DSA. The library was out of the question, because we were quite sure the others might be there!
1.30 pm: I accompany Po downstairs in the library. After escorting him to KPD E, I return to Wisma HELP.
1.50 pm: DISASTER! My instructions were to arrive tepat pada jam
2.00 pm. But an unforeseen obstacle, Lucinda called and asked Fei Ni to accompany her makan. MY GOD. Li-Wei and I totally panicked. After some persuasion, she decided not to accompany Lucinda. We breathed a sigh of relief. As she turned to call her back, Li-Wei and I plotted to stall until about 2.00 pm. I went all the way to the Level 9 toilet, but as I was taking the staircase down, Li-Wei called me to say that Fei Ni had gone after all. O.M.G.
2.00 pm: After hurriedly explaining the situation to Wan Joo, we consoled ourselves with the fact that she would wait for us there and wouldn't head to class yet.
2.05 pm: Fei Ni: Aiya, I don't feel like going to class la. Can I stay here?
*Su-Wen and Li-Wei sweat anxiously*
Su-Wen: (ran out of ideas) Er cannot la. Let's go la, we're already late. Err, Francis will get angry if we're late la. Francis is always early on Tuesdays right?
Li-Wei: Ya, ya class rep cannot be late!
Fei Ni finally agrees to leave.
Su-Wen: *phew*
2.10 pm: Li-Wei: (at the junction to KPD E) *calls Wan Joo and pretend she received a call*
Li-Wei: Hello? Ya, ya we're at KPD E already. Code response for: Light the candles already, we're almost there!
Su-Wen: Yes, and tell Francis we're very sorry for being late!
Li-Wei tries not to smile.
2.15 pm: Fei Ni: I want to go pee first la.
Su-Wen: *thinks: WHY SO MANY DISTRACTIONS?? scoots inside class first*
2.20 pm: Everyone: Where's Fei Ni?!
2.25 pm: Brian peeks out of the door: She's coming!
2.28 pm: SURPRISE!!!
Wow. What a relief it was all over. But turns out what I had thought was smooth lying had actually turned out to be transparent falsehoods that she saw through immediately! In her *speech*, Fei Ni mentioned that a couple of hearing errors and bad lying on our part had given us away. And the fact that she had seen me collecting money from everyone but her, SWEAT. But no matter, all's well that ends well. It's the thought that counts. :)
Now on to the One Utama outing today! It was actually held to celebrate Wan Joo, Fei Ni and Kerk Wen's birthday.
Carynn and I reached 1U at about 1.15 pm! Can't believe we were stuck at that stupid main block for an hour just trying to get out LOL. After just looking around a few shops, we waited outside Fish & Co. until 2.40 pm. I thought it was so odd. They should have been there already! I called Wan Joo and it turns out they were already inside waiting for us, aiya! We went inside and ordered. It was terrible looking at the almost 100% deep-fried and grilled menu! Almost everyone at the *banana* table ordered NY Fish and Chips! I had the horrible coriander spaghetti which smelled FOUL. The *banana* table consisted of us *bananas*: Brian(s) Chin and Yong, Debbie Ong, Karmen, me, Jo Eve, Tasha, Ariff, Carynn and the only non-banana, Fei Ni. The other table had Wan Joo, Annona, Sook Mun, Jean Quan, Jia Ern, Kerk Wen, Li-Wei and 4 others. Lunch was an extremely merry affair, with lots of jokes going around the table. It was just sooo fun to be with people you're really comfortable with, and can get along easily with. It was also really funny to know that me, Tasha, Jo Eve and Brian adored garlic, onions and cheese! XD. I shan't say anymore about the birthday songs after lunch because I have video evidence on Facebook for that, but it was hilarious. And did I mention that Fei Ni tossed the chips from the pan so high they splattered all over me and my bag? I think the staff were really relieved to be rid of such a noisy crew. However, we got a birthday discount on our meal, and they were really nice to us. But maybe that was because Fei Ni asked them to initiate the birthday song-singing. I don't think I can ever go to Fish & Co and show my face there again after that rowdy session. After that, we went to the arcade. I wanted to go bowling with Jia Ern, but since me and Carynn were watching HSM 3, there was no time. Instead, me and Jo Eve paired up to play foosball against Fei Ni and Tasha. Eventhough we won the first game, we lost the second and after Fei Ni gave up her place to Kerk Wen, Jo Eve and I went down fighting. However, I sadly had to say goodbye at nearly 5 because I was going to be late for the movie. Carynn and Ariff had already left. Saying goodbye very reluctantly, I went to Cinema 13. Luckily, the movie hadn't started yet.

HSM 3 was okay, maybe a 3.75/5 for me. The songs were nice, the props were fab but the plot line left loads to be desired. All in all, a real kids/tween movie. HSM 1 will always be the best.

No comments: