Sunday, December 14, 2008

Marathon

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun.

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time
Dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell Square
In the frosty air.

What a bright time, it's the right time
To rock the night away
Jingle bell time is a swell time
To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh

Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet

That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell rock.

Oh I'm so immensely guilty...yesterday I watched BPL football for a marathon 4 hours! So shocking, when instead I should be studying ECONS. Yes. Today I will study. I repeat, I will study and not watch Chelsea v West Ham (live from Stamford Bridge at 11 pm tonight!). I hope. Maybe I should hide the remote.

First I watched the early kick-off at 8.45 pm Arsenal v Boro which finished 1-1 at the Riverside in what was a lacklustre performance from the Londoners particularly in the second half which only sparked to life in the dying minutes of the game. The goals came in the first half, and apart from that there was nothing noteworthy of the game. The fun began with the 2 games kicking-off at 11 pm, the very intriguing match at Anfield which saw BPL leaders Liverpool take on surprise package Hull and the other match at the City of Manchester Stadium where Man City were hosting an injury-plagued Everton. Albeit tuning in to the Man City match first(to see a certain Joe Hart!), the news that Hull had taken a shock 2 goal lead at Anfield saw me scrambling for the remote control. A scrappy McShane header and a Jamie Carragher own goal had given the Tigers the double advantage, but Captain Fantastic aka Steven Gerrard scored two marvellous goals within 8 minutes to salvage a point for the Reds. A highly entertaining game, compared to the humdrum one at the COMS but nonetheless I spent the next hour routinely alternating between the two. I just missed that last-minute Tim Cahill header at 90+2 which saw Everton steal all three points at the death. Remarkable, considering that Everton were playing with no recognised striker, (all injured) so Cahill and Fellaini had to be pushed up front in a makeshift line-up. As usual, he punched the corner flag hehe.

I half wanted to watch Spurs v Man Utd at 1.00 am but I decided that was probably pushing it...

Chance for Chelsea to go top tonight when we take on Gianfranco Zola at the Bridge seeing as Liverpool dropped more points yet again at home. Depleted by injuries as usual, I don't think that will stop the poor Hammers from a thrashing tonight though. Am backing Lampsy to score against his old club and make poor Zola's homecoming a miserable one.

BPL Results:-

Arsenal 1 Boro 1
Sunderland 4 WBA 0
Man Utd 0 Spurs 0
Liverpool 2 Hull 2
Aston Villa 4 Bolton 2
Wigan 3 Rovers 0
Man City 0 Everton 1

Tonight:-

Chelsea v West Ham
Newcastle v Portsmouth

No comments: