Others:-
Arsenal 4 Rovers 0
Sunderland 1 Wigan 2
Everton 3 Stoke 0
Went to LaFite yesterday night with my family as my parents had a 4-course dinner voucher which was going to expire soon. My conclusion is that my bro and I are definitely not ready for classy contemporary French food.
Reason #1: It tastes weird.
Reason #2: They take a hell of a long time to serve the food. It was 10pm when they brought out the main course, I was starving to death! My father says that that's the way they do things in expensive restaurants, eat course by course slowly, gives time for conversation blah blah blah. I told him that I'm not in a very good mood when I'm hungry.
Reason #3: We got restless in between courses haha.
Reason #4: The portions served are meant for tiny French people, not for hungry teenagers.
We started off with 2 weird appetisers: Inside - out pizza (which was the size of an Oreo biscuit and tasted SWEET!!?!) and this cool dish where they give you three slivers of tuna and you're supposed to cook it on top of a heated stone; and dip it into tamarind sauce. Next, they served squash soup with hazelnuts and popcorn (????) and duck confit with mayonaisse and salad. Then, in the middle of the meal they served us apple sorbet with cream. I thought that was dessert lol. Finally, after a lot of whinging and grumbling, they brought the main course. My mum had kamikaze sablefish with vegetable sauce while my dad had Kobe beef with squared potato. My bro had beef ribs with French Beans while I had some weird Lamb Mediterranean which tasted awful! The vegetables tasted like muck while the sauce was bitter. Only the potato fingers they served with it redeemed it slightly. For desert, we ordered the Lafite Chocolate bar which consisted of a Snickers-like bar with hazelnut ice-cream and a bit of caramel sauce and the house specialty, Lemon Tree. The big 'lemon' contained lemon ice-cream and raspberry sauce which was supposed to be eaten with the tamarind powder (which the tree was made of) and chocolate powder.
It tasted so foreign to me, I can safely say I enjoyed the hot buns and garlic cream they served at the start lol.


No comments:
Post a Comment