Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Abhorsen Chronicles

Only one word to say: Amazing.

I've already waxed lyrical about this fantastic trilogy in an earlier post, so I shall only say this: Go read it now! You'll regret if you don't. I would even go so far as to say this is the best fantasy series I've read since HP, and that's saying something. I'm currently struggling to trudge my way through Brian's Priestess of the White...somehow the book seemed nicer when I was reading it in MPH.

Midweek:-

Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0
Man Utd 2 Magpies 1
Chelsea 1 Pompey 0
Gunners 3 WBA 1

Tomorrow:-

FA Cup:-

Gunners v Clarets
Chelsea v Coventry
Devils vs Cottagers

BPL:-

Spurs v Sunderland

PS Frank Lampard has been revealed to have a brain-busting IQ of 150+, placing him in the top o.1% of the population's intelligence. An IQ of 140+ is considered to be genius/near genius. A Chelsea doc wanted to see if head injuries affected the intelligence of his players, hence the test was carried out. John Terry was among the top three players, but Frank takes top honours. As a comparison, the average adult has an IQ of 100 while on the other end of the scale, Albert Einstein's IQ was reportedly 160. Looks like he is intelligent both on and off the pitch, and that's saying something because the words "footballer" and "intelligence" don't really mix well. Yours truly's IQ is only about 120.

No comments: