Friggin blogspot is acting up...can't post a picture of Didier celebrating his goals against Hull aargh.
Well I can't deny that things have certainly taken a more interesting turn this week...firstly, BPL season is back :)
After 2 restless months where all football fans have felt akin to something dearly beloved having been wrenched away from their souls, the long wait is over and we're celebrating the return of the world's most watched league. Yeah, it's been missed that badly. I actually wanted to stay at home and watch the match (first kick-off of the new season, Chelsea v Hull City!) but my dad forced us to go out to Imperial Garden at BSC because he had already booked 1/2 a smoked duck and he insisted that my mum and himself could not possibly finish it by themselves (Liar!). So I only managed to watch the first half. Hull took a shock lead thanks to Stephen Hunt, but Drogba equalised with a superb free-kick C-Ron would have been proud of. I didn't get to see the second half but this year, Malaysian football fans are thanking their lucky stars because Premier League Radio has come to town :). BFM 89.9 is hosting PL Radio for the very first time, bringing live coverage and commentary of matches, as well as half-time expert analysis, live score updates and post-match reactions. I plugged one earphone into my ear for the rest of the Chelsea match, and was delighted to hear it live that Drogba had scored a last-minute winner. When I began pumping my fists halfway through dinner, my mum asked my brother if I had gone mad..I think she hadn't noticed the earphone. It's a godsend, I don't feel so aggrieved now if I can't watch the match because I can still hear what's going on. (Reception's pretty bad in restaurants but beggars can't be choosers)
Oh but there's a downside to it. I was so engrossed listening to the match I didn't notice that my retainer was gone. Jahanam! I had put it into a cup for safekeeping, and the stupid Lebanese waiter took it away, retainer and all! T_T. I had to fork out RM 200 to get a new one..when I get it tonight my teeth are going to hurt like hell because I haven't been wearing a retainer for 3 days. My parents were pretty mad at first but when I told them it had a small hole and I was wishing that *something would happen* to it anyway, they laughed and said in legal terms, it's called contributory negligence. Not funny, hole or not I still have to get a new one since the manager couldn't find it in the trash. Go ahead Jia Ern, laugh. And may I remind you when are YOU getting your new one made? :P
Yesterday, went out to lunch with some of the others: Jia Ern, Brian, Li-Wei, Po and Annona. Annona had just came back from Melbourne (!) a week ago, and naturally Jia Ern and I were rather wary of ahem going near her for fear of contracting any lingering H1N1 flu virus...we actually went to Watsons at the main block and MV before going to meet them to buy masks (I know it's rude but still...) but predictably, they were out of stock. Po said that since she had already been back for a week, it should be fine and that since she hadn't exhibited any flu-like symptoms...the coast should be clear. I guess. Jia Ern met me at the main block at nearly twelve but before catching the bus, we went to the DSA to play the clavinova there for a little while. It was so stupid; finally we had a piano in front of us in an empty room but neither of us had brought any books! However, I taught her how to play 'Heart and Soul' so hopefully next time, we can play our little duet together. We met the guys at around 12.45 pm. However, since we (or rather she!) were on a tight budget (paycheques only on the first week of the month okay!)we had lunch at McDonalds. Haihz. I hadn't had a McD lunch on an outing since I was 11 haha.After Annona and Li-Wei came, we accompanied them to Kenny Rogers. After lunch, we went to visit Joo at Carlo Rino where she's working part-time and visited a few more shops before heading home early because Li-Wei's piano exam was the next day and naturally, she had to go home and practice until her wrists ached (joking, but yes Grade 8 exams are that bad). Not the most fun of outings I must admit since it was so short and Eu Jinn had to go back early to do his assignments...but it was still nice to see everyone again after a hiatus of 2 months.
And last but not least...the day of reckoning has finally arrived...albeit not for another 2 days thankfully. Fingers crossed for the World Award sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment