Just occured to me that we look rather like the 3 bears family...there's papa, there's mama and there's baby bear hahaha. What do you guys think? :PAnyway...first things first.
Accounting Unit 2 300/300 A (a)
Accounting 600/600 A (a) PASS
(A/N: *speechless*)
Chemistry Unit 5 83/90 A (a)
Chemistry Unit 6 115/120 A (a)
Chemistry 559/600 A (a) PASS
(A/N: Sorry Mr. Yeap...no full marks this time hahaha..I did forget the bond angle in Unit 6 after all)
Economics Unit 5 86/90 A (a)
Economics Unit 6 105/120 A (a)
Economics 568/600 A (a) PASS
(A/N: Unbelievable! I never dreamed to score near perfect marks for U5! It's common knowledge that you should thank God if you even PASS U5)
Core Mathematics 4 80/100 A (a)
Statistics II 97/100 A (a)
Mathematics 559/600 A (a) PASS
(A/N: Phew just made it with that 80 there! So grateful, thought I was going to fail; especially since I left the last question completely blank!)
So there are the final marks, and all in all there's 4 As in the bag :)
But that's not the whole story..there was quite a little bit of drama before we arrive at that happy moment when your eyes quickly scan the results slip...and you realise that the only alphabet you see is 'A'.
Okay it all started because I slept late. The previous night I meant. I think my mum was right in asking "What on earth were you doing until so late?" Good question. I was actually reading the football news online and aimlessly skimming through FB. All of which could have easily been done in the morning or the afternoon or..well in short anytime but that time. Maybe I was afraid to go to sleep, because it meant that the morning would come too soon...some sort of inside denial now that I look back on it.
Whatever it is, the point was I only slept past 2 am. And I was supposed to get up at 9.15 am. Plenty of time to watch the clock tick ever closer to the fateful hour of 10.00 am. One moment I was drifting off into a thankfully dreamless abyss and the next my mum was saying, "IT'S ALREADY 9.45! WHY ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING?!" Oh my goodness! Why hadn't the alarm clock gone off? Well, I only found out the answer last night: In my haste/carelessness, I had set it to 9.15 PM. So smart, so smart...but anyway, there was no need to describe the crazed manner in which I had to get ready. 10.15 am, and Brian called, saying that there were already loads of people there. Oh rats. Add to that the fact that I decided to change what I was wearing at the very last minute, the earring refusing to fit into the right hole, just a few bites of banana at breakfast making me feel sick; and you have all the ingredients for an absolutely disastrous day.
Finally arrived at 10.35 am thereabouts. Wow, he wasn't joking, the lower foyer was PACKED. Full of people clutching their results slip. I spotted Brian and Eu Jinn and made a beeline for them. And that's when the story takes a nasty turn for the worse. Something didn't feel right about the whole thing...Eu Jinn rushed up to me and said congratulations. ? I hadn't even collected the slip...Speaking of the slip...OMG. MY FREAKING ID! I forgot to bring it! No sweat Brian says. You can use your IC. Or driving license. The stupid part? I forgot to take my entire wallet out of my office bag. ****! I have a hazy idea of myself screaming dementedly, rushing outside to call my mum to bring my wallet. Ah...let's skip that part can we haha. All I remember was that I didn't care if I looked silly, I just wanted my results! I couldn't bear watching everyone else clutching their slips and already knowing their marks. It was agony. Li-Wei, Tasha and Joo came along to collect their results. Btw Brian and Jia Ern were already celebrating their 4As, sadly turkey had missed out on the World Award he wanted so badly by 18 marks; he scored a 282 for Acc 2.
But by far, the funniest reaction came from Tasha. Well not exactly funny, I wanted to laugh because it was so...unexpected. Upon collecting her results, she pointed to her results slip where she had obtained a B for Econs, and kept on saying, "Are you sure that's the final mark? Are you very very sure?" To which turkey and I reassured her that it was. And to my surprise and slight amusement, tears welled up in her eyes! She was just speechless with joy! Aww it was so sweet. I guess she had really been expecting to fail or something. I just feel sad that some of our classmates who hadn't done so well seemed to dissapear into the background back home though...but I guess that if I were in their shoes I would just want to go home and fall apart in private. Please don't feel sad guys, as long as you did your best you can take heart from that.
A few minutes later; to my horror, they started lining up all the 3 and 4As achievers for the photo shoot! I was sick at heart. I couldn't line up because I hadn't got my results yet! Imagine getting all dressed up in the stuffy shirt for nothing! Feeling really despondent, I flopped down at one of the empty registry tables; with T-Z being next to me. One of the attendants smiled at me, and I asked hopefully, "Can I just see?" The other Indian lady whom I recognized as being the nice lady who had helped me register for my LAN subjects last year smiled and asked me why I hadn't collected my slip yet. With a twinge of embarassment, I said that I had forgotten to bring my wallet.
What happened next...well, I will forever be grateful to her. She asked why I hadn't gone to the Registry to get a slip acknowledging that I had forgotten to bring my ID but which authorised me to collect the results anyway. I wailed that I had no IC to verify it, but she told me to drop her name; Sharon and just to try anyway. I had nothing to lose, and my desperation was compelling enough for me to risk it. I hurried to the Registry and explained my predicament. I was careful to mention the name Sharon and somehow, I think that was what made it work. Unbeknowing to me, Brian had followed me to the Registry. Probably was going to hound my every step until I got the slip! Anyway, this horribly sour-faced lady came out and wrote the permission slip for me, shooting murderous glances at me eventhough I had done her no wrong. But even her grudging manner and sour-puss attitude could not mask my elation and had it not been for those accursed heels, I swear I would have sprinted all the way back to the lower foyer. No words could describe the triumph I felt. But in hindsight, triumph at what? I hadn't gotten my results yet. Just a ticket to get them half an hour earlier.
Back at the table, the ladies smiled to see me, and handed me the slip. The moment of truth. I steeled myself not to look at the Accounting marks first, but ran my eyes downwards..A..A..A.................A! YES!
And then...
There it was: Accounting 2 300/300.
OMG.
(A/N: I swear that expression was invented for scenarios just like this!)
I think I just kept on shrieking OMG like 10 times or something, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. The ladies and Brian and Jia Ern were bending over the slip too, as if to verify that I wasn't having an optical illusion. I mean, you can go on and say that I shouldn't be surprised, I should expect this...blahblahblah but the truth is, I don't expect it. I really don't. Sure, a tiny part of you knows that you can achieve it but there's a big difference between dreams and reality. I'd always wanted to emulate my cousin Sarah, for winning a World Award (she got Further Maths, but unfortunately I'm not a maths genius) and getting her name in the papers and HELP brochures. Everyone dreams of winning a World Award. But I don't tempt fate by telling myself that I'll surely get it because I don't want to end up dissapointed.
And the rest of the morning...well let's just say it was one of the best times of my life. Ever. Everything seemed twice as funny and it seemed like our adrenaline levels were at record highs. I had no idea what we were gibbering about but it just seemed that we were taking the mickey out of everything and everyone. It's always nice to celebrate with friends who did well as well, so it was really great that Brian and Jia Ern were there to lark around with. When your friends don't do well, you just automatically have to make yourself not so loud or exuberant; and try not to say anything insensitive or hurtful because you know exactly how bad your friends are feeling, and how badly they must be hurting. And because you know deep inside, that it could easily have been you. Comfort them, that's all we can do.
The photo shoot was extraordinarily boring. The line was supremely long and we constantly found ourselves at the back of the queue no matter how many times we tried to 'cut line'. I found the group photo shot a little funny (but silly); the photographer made us close our eyes, turn our heads to the left, wave our hands in the air...it's a good thing all of us were in the best of moods or he could easily have been the subject of much grumbling!
I'm going to sign off here for the time being..it's been an extraordinarily long post and I fear I've been rambling for far too long. Last note: I celebrated by eating a cheesy seafood rice dish that cost RM 20..double what I usually spend on lunch. Oh and I ate it alone. So take heed guys...I want a proper celebration okay! If not I'm not belanja-ing ANY of you :D
PS Congratulations to Frankie for equalling Jimmy Greave's record of 132 Chelsea goals. Now, 19 more to break the 150 mark.
Midweek BPL:-
Chelsea 3 Sunderland 1
Burnley 1 Man Utd 0 (hahaha)
Liverpool 4 Stoke 0
Tottenham 5 Hull 1
No comments:
Post a Comment