Sunday, June 15, 2008

At Long Last.......

Finally, after 2 and a 1/2 years of well..I wouldn't really say suffering...I have taken off my braces! Well, the top half of it. The bottom half will have to wait for next month as Dr. Subra wants to see how things go. No matter, I have waited so long, another month makes not much difference.

But most importantly, Jour de p'res heureux! To all the fathers' round the world. Thanks for being the breadwinner, the one to spoil us when Mum's not there, and always being willing to kick a football or challenge us to Fifa 07 on the PS 2. The TV would be very much in a state of neglect without you to laugh late into the night at those slapstick comedies you love to watch or scream with joy whenever Asenal scores during EPL season. Don't worry, we promise to treat you to Nandos' Peri-Peri chicken tonight. :)

An interesting fact I noted was that the word 'Father' is easily recognized in 130 languages because it hardly varies between languages. Most fathers are known as 'Papa' or 'Papi' in most tongues spoken around the world.

Ole Oranje! Congratulations for crushing Les Bleus 4-1 (RVP scores!). Well done as well Buffon for denying Adrian Mutu and making sure the Azurri were not humiliated by underdogs Romania. Drawing 1-1 however was not a very good way to ensure safe passage to the quarter finals, and I expect sparks to fly when Italy and France meet in the final group match, to decide which team will join Holland in the last eight. Provided, of course Holland get past Romania which I am sure they will. And congrats to David Villa for scoring in extra time, enabling Spain to beat Sweden 2-1.

Tonight: Portugal vs Switzerland
Czech Republic vs Turkey

Predictions: Portugal to win 3-0, Czech Republic to win on penalties

And finally...The new manager for the Blues has been unveiled and it is...*drum roll please*..Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari! Hmm...he has quite a good CV and has achieved quite a lot with Portugal like bringing them to the Euro 04 finals; so here's to hoping next season will bring silverware to the trophy cabinet at Stamford Bridge. The horrible news is that his first signing is reportedly Barca's Deco, meaning that my favourite player, FRANK LAMPARD is going to be ousted to INTER MILAN! Talk about ingratitude. Frank has faithfully served the Blues since being bought from West Ham and is their highest scoring midfielder EVER. And just when he and Ballack were finally beginning to gel in midfield as well. And I won't be able to see him play anymore because I hate watching Serie A. The colours are so drab. I like Jose Mourinho, but since he took over the Nerazurri, I'm kinda beginning to get annoyed because loads of my favourite players, including Chelsea's Ricardo Carvalho and the latest, Arsenal striker RVP have been linked with a move to Inter!

I think I better sign off before I go on ranting. Lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey congrats on finally getting rid of those braces! *wink*

periwinkle said...

su-wen hi :] didnt know you were so involved in soccer. :)

avinaash said...

MAN, YOU TOOK THEM OUT? WHY? YOU LOOKED BETTER WITH THEM ON, ( BECAUSE I ONLY REMEMBER YOU WITH THEM ON) HAHAHA. WELL COOL. I GOT MINE ON THE TOP, NOT VERY PLEASANT. KIND OF MESSES UP MY SINGING