Sunday, June 22, 2008

Freedom writer

zitt..zitt..."Yes! muahahaha..I'm back online!"
"Earth domination, here I begin...*finger on the destruction button"..(black out)..."damn it..power failure!"

Alright, alright, I get it. Quit hurling insults .Kicking back into reality, yes I'm back. Figured out my identity yet?hehe..no matter..moving on..

Has there been a time in your life where you just felt like running, running far away or just shutting out the noise of the world which seems to come into your confused mind insensitive to what you are going through? I know I have. There has been many times in my life which I've been pushed to breaking point and I find myself crying bitterly and being angry with the world or that one person.

But then again, in retrospect, I find that my life has not been as bad as it seems or rather as bad as I perceived it to be.I mean,I don't live in a ghetto environment, I have wonderful family & friends who have always been there for me, I've never been abused & I have freedom which I'm satisfied with, provided boundaries n given chances to explore it without crossing the line, and so on and so forth.

After watching the movie freedom writers (go look for it!Its highly inspirational!), i realise that no one's life is perfect even though it may seem from the third persons point of view. If you feel you are in the worst situation, well think again because there are other people with even harsher problems which you are unaware of and they are not seeking sympathy from anyone.

It might be a painful slap in the face but its point blank reality.Freedom writers is a true story about this class of students who have been discriminated due to their race and their background, each of them living in the worst of the ghetto environment, losing friends n loved ones due to gun fights as u can well imagine the usual situation.

Each suffering in silence like you and I and each shutting the world out until they become unreachable. But then one day, they are given an exercise book and encouraged to pen down everything and anything that they are willing to share personally with their english teacher.Simple as it is, this unforeseen method was the grain of rice that tipped the scale n changed their lives entirely. Miraculous? God's ways are notttt

My question for u to reflect on right now is whether you are able to put your problems aside for once and look around you. Are there people close by which you have overlooked and yearning inside dying for a comforting word or just someone to hear them out once in a while?

Try looking beyond yourself because the world doesn't just revolve around you.Don't run away if you're surrounded by trials n tribulations, keep fighting.Lastly, learn forgiveness because you might have hurt someone along the way. How can someone forgive you if you cannot forgive others?

zzitt..."alright..got power...".."NOW I will destroyyyy....zziitt...damn it..disconnected !"

1 comment:

thewriter said...

Forgive and forget...shouldn't we all learn to do that? :P