Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hot Water

Yep I'm up to my neck in hot water.

Today, this clever person had to go and open her email during her free period instead of reading her Chem like a good student. And what does she see? An email requesting all A-Voice sub-editor applicants to hand in a proposal on how to expand readership TOMORROW and to schedule an interview with the editor, Mr. John Lee himself on FRIDAY. It also includes a scary list of responsibilities and duties that come with the title of 'Sub-Editor' eg. Great interpersonal relationship skills, vast resourceful contacts to draw upon for funding and the coveted ability to work brilliantly under pressure..ouch.

The email was sent on Sunday and since I only opened it today, I have an insanely short period of time to complete the assignment. Well, I could look on the bright side and say that it was better opened today, than tomorrow haha. But seriously, I just feel like throwing in the towel already. My competitors? Adeline Matthew (whose English is seriously DA BOMB! DJ's BEST DEBATER!), Kalkena (Nostalgia Editor!!!), Nathalie Ker (SASA President!!), Pia and Alex (who are in Lit class and have co-written this issue of A-Voice's Perspective article with me, who have FANTASTIC English), Tara Thean (who has superb English as well, and speaks with an accent) and one more person I haven't heard of haha...Jeez, even I know when I'm licked. I should just give up already...but I think I should give it my best shot; however inferior and pathetic it seems.

*Sob* it seems like I will have NOTHING to put on my CV for uni. How am I ever going to get my scholarship now? :(

On a good note however, Mr. Francis seems to be getting less annoying, and his teaching skills seem to be improving. I could actually understand that depreciation question we were doing today! It's just a matter of getting used to I suppose...alah bisa tegal biasa and all that crap, as 'Po' would say.

Have to get started on that proposal so sayonara for now.

No comments: