Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Passer-By

Will you pass me by today?
Without a single glance?
Never knowing that I’ll be looking
Out for you
Waiting almost impatiently for when
Our paths will cross again
When you may bestow
That smile on me again.

Emotions bottled up
Yet spiraling out of control
Fizzing inside like champagne
A turmoil
A tempest
Of frustration and hope
Of agony and thirst
Of longing and admiration
My dreams are filled with nothing
But thoughts of you
You haunt my waking memories
But you don’t know how I feel.

But will you pass me by today?
Without even a simple hello?

Up on cloud nine
Soaring straight up to the heavens
Just one look
And you bring me back to Earth
Just one glance
Will make me forget who I am
And your smile is
Enough to make the sun peep out
Through the gloomiest days
The moon shine and illuminate
The darkest night
And brighten up my entire world.

Tell me
Is this love I’m feeling?
It’s something still so strange and new
Alien, almost
Tell me
If these are the signs
That are giving me away
My heart pounding
My cheeks flaming
My breath getting short
When you approach
Make me see the bright side
In life again
I find myself
Hanging around the corner
Waiting for a glimpse of you
So pathetic
But I can’t help it
Is this what you call love?

I see you coming my way
Excitement mounting high
Anxiety knotting up my chest
Hold my breath
As we pass within centimeters
Of each other
A nod
A small wave
A brief acknowledgement
And then gone
But I am content
For today.


Author's Note: Not wholly original, seeing as it was actually written for someone else and has already been published in Nostalgia 2007, but bear with me...

My hero/idol/fav footballer of all time, Frank Lampard, has been confirmed in the Chelsea squad for their Samsung Far East tour.

That means

FRANK LAMPARD IS COMING TO KUALA LUMPUR!!!

And...

I WON'T BE GOING TO SEE HIM!!!

My bro is busy studying for his UPSR trials, so we can't go. At least, I think that's why my father hasn't bought any tickets.

Curses and all that nonsense.

Can my week get any worse?

My big chance to meet him (or at the very least, see him live in action) is now no more.

So annoyed lol.

No comments: