Zit..zit....lol..alright..no more alien business..its getting old and lame..I get it..oh yes, hats off for Wen for choosing camp over concert, recession must be setting in?..lol..I'm joking.
Here's the real victorian at work now.Hehehe..sad to say, tis poor victorian will no longer be continuing the bumming spree which has been going on for two months. She enters coll tis Fri. Cheers! Not!
Anyway, similarly to making orange juice, you need the main ingredient, the orange before the juice can present. I for one singularly lack the inspiration , thus the lack of creative juice at da moment. But no matter, I shall put my best endeavours forward to give you something to read.
On Monday (30/6/2008), yours truly made a journey to, can you believe it, KL Hilton for the HELP A-levels Ball ! Wow..Paris Hilton's hotel....Moving on.. That is some hotel I tell you, there's only one road to get into the place and when you enter the car park, there's a security check. I was unimpressed by the hotel though, I mean it has a 'wow' factor to its name but the car park is small and so not well planned (1u has a better car park layout).My gosh, the parking charges too! Unbelievable!
Alright, now moving into the hotel, lift was fine, not hot or anything, then going into the hotel, I've got to admit, the management has to improve its interior to cope with the changing times.The deco so did not have the 'wow' factor to it. It just seemed plain. Then, we made our way to the ballroom, had to redeem our tickets and my date got stuck with ticket registration stuff to do all thanks to some smart alec. No matter, I had the time of my life, mind you, admiring from the registration table glamourous gowns that the seniors of A-levels turned up in. I felt so underdressed. They looked simply fabulous. It was like going to the oscars except that they didn't have the red carpet and camera hogging cum show off gown session.
Make up was just "wow", dresses were just "wow, wow" and hairstyles were just *faints*..soo pretty! Gosh, HELP girls so know how to pull it off. In the ballroom itself, the deco was rather simple, they had candles on stands near the doors, and they had this really simple yet pretty idea of putting candles in a bowl of water and placing it on all the tables while scattering an abundance of red rose petals around it. It was simply romantic especially with the dim light, it created the perfect ambience!
Food however was another matter, it look lovely but tasted ..er..weird..Well, for starters , we had 3 scallops placed on some green "sauce" with vege all nicely "held" up with bread with olive oil and vinegar cleverly decorated on the plate. Gosh the scallops had such an acquired taste, 3 would be enough to kill anyone who couldn't get used to the taste. Second was stuffed chicken with some kind of "sauce" with strips of pasta n vege on top. That was edible , bless th LORD. Third was creme brulee with a strawberry in the middle and honey on top. It tasted fine because the honey was not so burnt on one side but the burnt honey on the other side of the bowl just spoilt it. Geez , what is with these people, can't they make something pretty taste good?
Performances were entertaining, praise the LORD. The had two performances of Latin dance , an acoustic performance by a HELP band ( can't remember the name...it starts with an "M"),they performed all my fav songs * grins*, another dance by a contestant of so you think you can dance , Q&A session for nominees for prom king and queen, bollywood dancing by nominees of best dressed male n female, lucky draw, and dancing on the dance floor for everyone at the end.
THe entire event started late and ended early. Haha..but overall despite the expensive but lousy food, it was fun and entertaining. Oh my, look at the essay I wrote. Whoops, sorry wen... better be going now. Enjoy !
1 comment:
Mmmm...sounds interesting..or at any rate, more interesting than our prom last year! Thank The Lord you managed to find some edible things..I think I told you I nearly starved to death last year. I will await the finer details of what happened with baited breath...hopefully *juicy* bits not fit for publication.
PS Did you read the previous post about our outing? The pics are there kay.
Post a Comment