Sunday, August 10, 2008

8 minutes past 8pm 08.08.08

















Spectacular. What else can I say? Zhang Yimou created a visual feast for the world to remember. Brilliantly condensing a rich 2000 year history into a 3 hour episode, this is one opening ceremony that will be remembered for years.
Unfortunately, my stupid Astro decoder was not updated so eventhough it was 8.15 pm already, I was pushing the 'R' button like mad but nothing was happening! Luckily my father called the Astro people and our decoder was soon alright! But we already missed the start of the ceremony, and managed to watch starting from the tiles thingy. Bravo to Beijing for putting up such a masterpiece, it was grand, dazzlingly colourful and classy to the extreme. I, for one, will be looking forward to the closing ceremony.
Tomorrow:-
FA Community Shield: Man Utd vs Portsmouth
Tough to say, since Man Utd are missing 9 of their first team players most notably Rooney, Hargreaves, and Ronaldo. Portsmouth are a good side, but expect United to nick it by a goal or on penalties.

No comments: