Thursday, August 7, 2008

Holidays Coming!!

At last, all that worrying and (trying) to study for that Accounts exam is OVER!!

But boy, was it ever HORRIBLE. For the first question, the incomplete records question was horrendously difficult!! Mr. Francis cruelly set a question that had all the different types of adjustments such as accrued, prepaid and depreciation into a horrible mess that would not balance. I was horrified to see that so much time had passed already, just from doing the first question! When I looked at my watch, I was shocked to see that about 40 minutes had passed, just from doing that stupid P & L and Balance Sheet. And the worst part was, I was short of £6030 on the Assets side! Curses. In a *record* time of about an hour, I blazed through the next three questions (Stock Valuation, Control Accounts and Depreciation) without really caring whether it was right or wrong; but rather with the main objective to finish the paper. I finished with a few minutes to spare, but without enough time to properly check my Control a/c and Depreciation a/c. And on top of that, I blew the theory part because I forgot what Perpetual and Periodic Inventory meant, I only studied LIFO and FIFO. Grrr....and we spent all our time memorizing the uses of control a/cs and double entry system for nothing!

Apart from that nightmarish Accounting episode (all Accounting disasters seem to involve depreciation!), today's Chem lesson was very interesting :). Being the first of Mr. Yeap's classes to start Chapter 4.4 Acid-Base Equilibria (since majority of my classmates had not finished the Past Year Questions!), we had a really lively and fascinating time learning how to calculate pH (that's potenz hidrogen to the uniniated!) and about the pondan characteristics of water, which can act as both an acid or a base; which leads to its self-ionisation. What a welcome change from that suffocating crap about Kc and Kp which still seems very hazy to me...Looks like I have to go back and revise before the mock after the holidays! Tomorrow's experiment is recrystallisation...sounds interesting! :)

To heap more misery on my holiday prospects, it looks like I will have my time occupied trying to grasp a little of Unit 3 Economics, Stats Chapters 1-4 and Chem Units 4.1-4.3 in order to PASS the mocks after the hols. I don't think I need a forecast this year since Aussie applications are next year, but it wouldn't be very nice if I got a C or D on the papers.

And shock, horror! Exam results will be out NEXT WEEK! On the 14th to be precise, exactly a WEEK from now! I thought it was the 21st...it appears I was wrong. That gives me only 24 X 7 = 168 hours to mentally prepare myself f0r the horrible reality that I will probably be resitting my Chem Units 1/2 (or possibly both) and Economics Unit 2 (please God, not Unit 1 as well!). Oh God, I need a miracle, and I need it NOW.

Oh, and eventhough you're not reading this Chee Ler, thanks a MILLION for walking me back to Wisma HELP (eventhough you complained you were getting all *humid*) since I was umbrella-less and it was raining cats and dogs! I would have been totally soaked if you hadn't appeared at that very moment! It was hilarious hearing those squeals of envy from Wan Joo, Li Wei and Tasha who had to brave the rain haha. This serves as a lesson to bring my umbrella in future. A WORKING umbrella.

Anwar was tried in court today on that sodomy charge. At 6 something, my mum said he had been let out on bail, so it looks as if he will be able to contest in Permatang Pauh on Aug 16. I shall await further developments in tomorrow's Star.

No comments: