Sunday, August 3, 2008

Falling Star

Verse I:

When I spy a falling star
Close my eyes tight, and make a wish
Carrying my dreams and hopes so far
A true love's kiss, when I'm in your arms
Someday I know it will happen
Just keep on hoping all I can
And put my faith in the stars.

Verse II:

When I wish upon a dream
Things aren't so hopeless as they seem
After the dark, will follow the light
For every pain suffered will be joy
I just say that I believe in
A wish upon a falling star
And someone will answer my prayer.

Chorus:-

I know the falling star
Will bring you here somehow
Find you wherever you are
Light up your pathway
No matter how dark it may
Seem when you're coming to me.
We'll be together
Someday in forever if
We wish on the falling star.

Verse III:

When I see a comet's glow
It lifts me up, when I'm feeling low
Helps me to see, there's still sparkle in life
On those dark days, when I'm missing you
Someday I know you will find me
Just keep on looking till I'm there
And put your faith in the stars.

Verse IV:

When you wish upon a dream
Thing's aren't so hopeless as they seem
After the dark, will follow the light
For all the pain suffered will be joy
If you just say you believe in
A wish upon a falling star
Then someone will answer your prayer.

Repeat chorus 2x

(Piano solo)

Repeat chorus

Words without music isn't very nice, so once I've recorded the music I'll post it up.

It's been a busy Saturday so far. In the afternoon, I tried to finish up Mr. Francis's homework, but unfortunately I couldn't find my old copy of Jan 2005 Q4 so I'll have to wait for Carynn to bring it on Monday so that I can *ahem* refer to it. In the evening, I played tennis for the second time this week, so as the hour wore one; I kind of lost patience and the angle of my serve deviated more and more off the vertical.

At night, we went to my uncle's house to see my new baby cousins. Sooo adorable! When my uncle sends me the pics I'll post one or two up. Winston I regret, does not seem to like me much but Catherine took to me almost immediately. It wasn't all happy baby bonding at once, but after letting her play with my handbag (she seemed to be fascinated by the colourful bags patterned on it) she allowed me to hold her for about half and hour.

Tomorrow will probably be devoted to revising and polishing my sucky accounting skills in order to *pass* Mr. Francis's test. I'm so lucky there's only Accounts next week, my poor classmates have Bio Unit 3. Thank God Econs is after the August hols.

I am also more than happy to report that my initial irritation, annoyance and prejudice with Mr. Francis (I absolutely refuse to call him by his first name only, it's against my principles and down right weird. I think I'm the only one in the class still calling him "Sir".) is gradually wearing off, but I still get this mixture of sadness and anger whenever I flip through my old Accounting notes. By now, you will probably be saying, "It's been 3 weeks already, get over it!" but I just can't stop worrying! It doesn't help one bit that a LARGE majority of the World Award achievers are from Mr. Awang's class, and none from Mr. Francis's. Not that I'm aiming for one, but just that it speaks volumes about Mr. Awang's credentials. If you're reading this Carynn, I know you're still prejudiced about him and I agree with you, but we'll just have to live with it. He can be a little patronising, and his scribbling on the whiteboard is very unproffessional, but I'm sure he means well. Even if we had gone to see Ms. Michelle, I doubt it would have made an iota of a difference.

Also found out that my Uncle Jin went to see the Chelsea match, with Yee Po as well! Frank didn't score (that wretched Anelka and A. Cole did) so I'm not THAT dissapointed...The score-line was only 2-0, but that doesn't mean our sucky Malaysian XI is better than say, Derby whom they beat 6-0 at Pride Park (and Frank scored his first League hat-trick!). They're just giving face to the hosts..according to my uncles and father.

(Eventhough you're not reading this), many thanks to Po for lending me one of my new all-time fav books, V for Vendetta. My "V" vocabulary has increased tenfold thanks to you. Hard to believe that you and of all people, Ka Heng read chic lit though.

No comments: