Tomorrow, I apparently have 2 meetings to attend:-
1. SASA Meeting at 2-4 pm
2. P.I.N.K. Meeting at 10-12 pm
And when did I find out about them? Less than two hours ago.
Pur-lease people. When are you going to learn that we lesser members need time to make arrangements for transportation? Do you think you can just call meetings at your whim and fancy?
Seriously, I would like to go for them especially since I just read that meetings now count for internship hours, a much needed bonus. Looks like attendance has been very poor and this is a drastic attempt to attract SASA-rians to attend.
But due to the eleventh-hour notice, I have absolutely no transport and no time to reschedule my piano class. So sayonara to both meetings.
Seriously, my fiercest complaint about both these organizations have been their last-minute meeting announcements which I really DETEST. (Hate, would be too strong a word).
All I am asking for is ample notice, and PLEASE STOP SCHEDULING MEETINGS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AT WEIRD HOURS LIKE 12-2 PM! Not everyone can drive. Or has drivers or housewife mothers. Please be considerate, and schedule meetings at reasonable hours of the day such as 10-12 pm or 9-10 am. That way, I guarantee more people will show up because transportation via working parents (such as yours truly) will not be a problem.
Last year whenever I scheduled any meetings, I always made sure it was at a reasonable time, albeit also for my own convenience. Why can't people just be more considerate?
Enough ranting, I am 16 years old and on holiday, not a frustrated middle-aged woman.
By the way, Anwar won with a thumping 15ooo+ majority to mark his second coming to Parliament in style. Back to the drawing board for Barisan. They put up a tough fight, but honestly; did they really expect to win at a constituency where it is "pro-Anwar" to the very core? This is truly his home turf and honestly speaking, if he had not won there, then there would have been no hope for him anywhere else. Comments from UMNO leaders were magnanimous and gracious in accepting defeat. I remember a quote that went something like, "You can say anything about Anwar but they (Permatang Pauh residents) will not believe you." Goes to show that the majority did not believe that the sodomy allegations were not politically motivated and that Saiful's swearing on the Quran was politically timed to perfection.
On the issue on the whole public holiday thing, I think Penang CM Lim Guan Eng was fighting fire with fire. The EC scheduled the by-election on a weekday so the State Government declared it a holiday. You got to admire their tactics sometimes. Personally though, I feel the holiday should only have been declared for Permatang Pauh as yes, it probably is unfair to traders and companies who lose revenue due to the unnecessary holiday.
But the main issue is, the people have spoken, and they want change. Specifically, more transparency and fairness, justice and a stop to all this dirty *policticking*. No more dirty tactics, no more corruption.
Will Anwar be able to put a stop to all this and birth a new Malaysia free of these shackles?
He's due to be sworn in today. We shall wait and see what he says when he *stares deep into Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi's eyes during the presentation of Budget 2009* if he makes it in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment