Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AVRIL LAVIGNE CONCERT !!

Hey, hey, you, you!
I wanna be your girlfriend!

Haha..yes, Wen, your girlfriend is back! I'm sooo.. sorry I haven't been posting updates for so long. I've been awfully lazy. So to make up for it, i'm gonna give ya a long account of the above mentioned as you've requested. XD

It all began long, long ago in the southern parts of china....hehe..i wish! Well,it actually began with the advertisements on tv (i'm sure u've seen it). Being an avril fan, but not a very crazy one, I so happened to mention that i'd like to go for it if i could get tickets to my dear sister. And, what a coincidence, she received an email regarding a topshop card contest for avril fans who wanted to win tickets for her concert. And all you needed to do was to sign up and if u're the first 50 or so, you'll stand a chance to get her tickets FOC!

All this happened 2 days befrore she came back from singapore. Praise the Lord, on the day she came back, there was a delivery from a highly impatient postman! (Waste money, waste petrol, just to deliver one stupid letter) He delivered a letter with my 2 golden tickets, well, orange tickets inside!

The next few days were just days of anticipation of whether the concert would or would not be held ( dumb ppl complaining of her concert being too obscene, too punk rock,held too near merdeka..geez what does merdeka have to do with avril..its not gonna quench the patriotic spirit...DAAA...!!) and whether if it did take place, would it be of any substance.

Finally! It did happen! But wait, have to mention the nerve racking traffic jam that took place! Concert was supposed to be at stadium merdeka(open air), supposed to start at 8pm but i only reached at 8.15 after setting of at 7.15pm. My goodness, I've learnt that Malaysian drivers are highly skillful when it comes to manuevering cars in between lane even if there's barely any space. Gosh! Hallelujah, I wasn't driving cuz i reckon i'd get into an accident if I did.

Concert started at exactly 9.10pm after a horrible karaoke maroon 5 song by some lousy guy. Avril came on stage with a capped sleeved grey top with skinny jeans(lol..she's put on a bit of weight). I bet you've already guess what song she began with! Yeah, you're right..It WAS girlfriend.

She got the crowded going with that one. She jumped around quite a bit and was kinda breathless after the 1st song. She has back up dancers who were also her back up singers which all could also break dance. It was pretty cool! Did i mention, everything was pink! Drums were pink, mike stand was pink. Guitars she used were pink, her hair had streaks of pink, the blinding lights were the brightest shade of pink! (i kinda hate pink at the moment after the overburdance of pink)

Then, she sang her our fav songs from her 1st album, like "complicated", "i'm with you", moved on to her 2nd abum with songs like "don't tell me", "my happy ending","he wasn't". Moving on to third album, she sang"innocence" and "when you're gone" which she played purely on piano which she played for the entire song! It was brilliant. Pointer for her songs, they all sound better acoustically, especially the heart felt songs in all three of her albums.

One thing I was surprised at was the way her personality was when she's on stage(it might just hv been showmanship...anyway..moving on..), she actually is very cheeky and she can play with the crowd really well! And she's not all stuck up as people perceive her to be when onstage. You can see she really loves performing, there's passion, energy, and fun in good proportions. AND can you believe it, she's really polite! She says thank you after EVERY song! Oh and she looks really pretty now that she's all feminine with curls but she still has her trademark dark kohl make up. Alright last plus point about her is that she sounds really good live, and exactly like in her album. She's good at singing the mellow, melodies parts like those in "i'm with you" and "when you're gone" as well as "innocence" when she doesn't push her voice so much, she's actually has a very pleasing voice to the ears. (right, i'm bias but too bad!) did i mention that she plays the guitar, drums, and piano and she can sing when playing the drums. So cool!

The concert was kinda mellow, I've a feeling its due to the restrictions that the government gave her cuz in the video that they showed us of her previous shows, she was really wild! And they made her censor her words! ** the government. Why the heck can't you allow her so say "hell" when u allow her to say "stupid"! Uh! Brains People!

But all in all, it was somewhat perky concert! wasn't great, lacked the energy and vibes I would have liked to feel but it was an effort that deserved praise. I think I can give this concert the thumbs up because even with the restrictions she delivered her performance well but in a more acoustic way which really appealed to me.

Oh my goodness, didn't realise it was so late!.Right gtg nw! Thanks for reading. You know you love me. XOXO..gossip girl .
XD I just love that line! XD Until next time...

No comments: