It seems like a lifetime since Thursday! I don't even know how I got through the weekend without Internet access, I think it will be a long time before I use LimeWire again....2 virus attacks in one year isn't exactly healthy.
So many scores to update on, but first things first.
So Grace...I know I promised to post this up on Thursday but as luck would have it, my com kena virus that night...but anyway, I'm still going to post up a few pics just to get your memory going and say a few nice things that made (and still makes!) you such a great friend! :)

At Prefect's Hi-Tea 2007. I'm sorry for looking so gruesome and spoiling the pic lol.
MPPT 2007 program book - autograph section

Nostalgia 2007...can you remember what you wrote?!


Okay skip this...nothing to do with you haha. MOTM Frank Lampard celebrating with Florent Malouda after putting Chelsea in the lead at Eastlands

And all the way back from ancient history...remember this? I doubt it...but I remember you giving me my first birthday card that day :)

So there you go! We were only in the same class for one year so we don't have lots of memories...but those that are will remain sweet and remembered for eternity. We had some good times in Form 1 remember...The NiE thingy....and you being my very first van *buddy-buddy* haha. And remember the singing fiasco in Form 4? For MPT? Whenever I play that "Rainbow Connection" song I always cringe now :P. And it's to my utter regret that we don't have any pics from IU or Prom! Somehow, we always promise to take later and somehow ended up forgetting.
You're probably quite sick of hearing it already, but thanks so much for being such a supportive friend, albeit from a distance. What made you so special, was that you were always friendly (I think you don't know the meaning of the word *enemy* do you? XD) and non-judgemental; extremely caring and possessing a great sense of humour. Seriously! Have always admired your fantastic creative ability and knack of being friends with anyone and everyone..something I've never been able to do. So keep it up! Continue charming and dazzling everyone with that crazy laugh and sunny personality :) I'm really going to miss you, so keep those long emails you love writing so much coming! I've never met a nicer or more easy-going person than you so make sure you don't forget me or I'll be *very* hurt haha.
Congratulations to the Three Lions for claiming a fantastic (and seemingly impossible!) victory against Croatia. Thumping Slaven Bilic's side 4-1 at home is no mean feat, and by doing so; England have put themselves in the driving seat in their bid to qualify for WC 2010, currently topping their group with six points. And of course, a round of applause for Theo Walcott (who's in scintillating form) for scoring his first international goal(s) and hat trick that sealed the victory. Even in the few minutes I managed to catch of the game, I could see it was a million miles away from that woeful performance at Wembley where they were beaten 3-2 last year. The passing was much better and flowing, while Theo Walcott was a real menace on the right wing. Overnight, Capello has earned the respect of a nation and silenced all his critics. Hopefully, they can continue their run of form and finally put an end to their *underachiever* label.
Scotland won 2-1 at Iceland, while a Daniel de Rossi brace gave the Azurri an undeserved victory over Georgia. To me, it was rather harsh as the Georgians pushed the Italians to the limit and were good for a point. But it was heartbreak for Wales as they were beaten 2-1 at Moscow with Gareth Bale missing a penalty kick *sob*. France won 2-1 at Serbia while David Villa scored a brace to dispose of lowly Armenia. Meanwhile, an unconvincing Czech Republic drew 0-0 with Northern Ireland while Portugal sank to a shock 3-2 loss to Denmark. (Niklas Bendtner scored!)
At the weekend, the first *Clash of the Titans* match of the season saw Liverpool sinking Manchester United 2-1 at Anfield thanks to a late Ryan Babel goal which gave Rafa Benitez his first victory over Sir Alex Ferguson in seven years and ruined Dimitar Berbatov's big debut. But the real highlight (for me!) was the *battle of the cash* at Eastlands where Chelsea took on Manchester City for their first game since the big Abu Dhabi takeover. But, in a harsh reality check for the Sky Blues, Chelsea emerged triumphant with all 3 points in hand. Producing a swift, sure and crisp display of incisive passing and flair, Scolari's side managed to bounce back from that dissapointing draw with Tottenham a fortnight ago and expose City's defensive flaws. The Blues fell behind to a Robinho free-kick that flew past a helpless Petr Cech but a deflected ball from John Terry gave Ricardo Carvalho the chance to equalise. MOTM Frankie put Chelsea in the lead with a superb low drill into the far corner while Nicolas Anelka wrapped up the game with a cool chip past Joe Hart. That'll show Robinho he made the wrong choice of snubbing us for City and take those crazy Arabian sheiks down a peg or two.
At Ewood Park, Arsene Wenger's boys put Rovers to the sword with a superb 4-0 demolishing that saw Emmanuel Adebayor score a hat-trick. Robin van Persie had put them ahead in the 8th minute with a great shot into the far corner past Robinson when Adebayor doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time. Sunderland were held to a 1-1 draw at the JJB thanks to a late Amr Zaki strike while Hull won 2-1 at managerless Newcastle. Yesterday, a last-gasp goal from Tim Cahill gave Everton a narrow victory at the Brittania.
Tonight: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Aston Villa
Prediction: 2-2 Draw
PS Watched Penelope yesterday. Rating: 3.5/5. James McAvoy should definitely not rock that scruffy unkempt look, it makes him look like a penniless vagrant. He was much better in Atonement.
No comments:
Post a Comment