- A-Voice and SASA Meeting. Volunteered to do 'Spotlight on the Student Council' article with Adeline. SASA Meeting was like 5 minutes long! I waited for Felicia until 2.30 pm when we finally entered the meeting room. Barely 10 minutes later, we were out of it already! As we had 1 and a 1/2 hours left, we went to berborak at Starbucks where I acted like a total jakun! Since it was only my second time setting foot inside a Starbucks outlet, I had no idea what to order (I settled for a cappucino in the end) or that you could have free vanilla sprinkles, or where on earth the stirrers and sugar was. However, we spent a glorious 90+ minutes discussing Twilight and Pokemon! Sounds stupid right? But not exactly...we had a great laugh discussing fanfiction terminology, and Egoshipping! Anybody that is reading probably doesn't understand what gibberish I am writing, so I shall just say that it's fanfiction lingo :)
- Cousin Arthur's wedding at Eastin Hotel. Dinner included roast chicken, steamed pomfret, *artificial* shark fin's soup, delicious 4 seasons combination and my favourite Chinese dessert: lotus paste wor peng. The whole evening was pretty normal with the usual highlight of the Yam Seng toast during the middle of the event. Felt a little underdressed though...most of the guests were dressed up to the nines with some in long flowy dresses, heavy make-up and literally dripping with bling. I thought using the song 'Be Our Guest' from Beauty and the Beast as a follow-up to Wagner's traditional 'Here Comes the Bride' when serving the first course was pretty cool...I found myself mouthing the words the whole song!
Under the arch! And yes I look fat because I stretched the picture which was supposed to be portrait.
I absolutely loved the two dolphins carved out of ice, which were dripping the whole night long. A little dark though, the lighting wasn't so good.
The ballroom
Saturday 20/9:-
- Nothing really interesting. Went to some Chinese Restaurant at Jaya 33 for dinner. Point to note: Scrambled Egg with Lobster makes you feel sick after the 10th bite.
- Sunderland vs Boro: 2-0 thanks to a Michael Chopra brace. Bad luck to Downing for missing that penalty.
- Rovers vs Fulham: Derbyshire scores to make it 1-0
- Liverpool vs Stoke: Credit to the Potters to holding the Reds to a 0-0 draw
- West Ham vs Newcastle: 3-1 to the Hammers, marking Gianfranco Zola's new managerial stint at Upton Park with a deserved victory.
- Bolton vs Arsenal: 3-1 after goals from Eboue, Bendtner and Denilson cancelled out Davies's early strike at the Reebok.
Sunday 21/9:-
- SASA duty. Was put in charge of SR 7, the last room down the Tunnel, and incidentally the last room to finish! I only went home at 1.oo pm after the last applicant had gone in to see Mr. Awang. Managed to chat a little while with Cikgu Khairi who was there to support his daughter. It was loads of fun chatting to the Aminuddin Baki students though, and I hope to see them next year.
- Finished up Breaking Dawn. Rating: 7.5/10. As forewarned, the ending was predictable. A few twists here and there, but nothing really heart-stopping. New Moon: 7/10 and Eclipse: 8/10. Overall rating: 7.5/10. Give me Darren Shan anyday.
- Dinner at Pizza Uno. Their spaghetti bolognese rocks!
- Did not watch Chelsea vs Man Utd live because father was monopolizing TV. The TV downstairs conspired against me not to get an Astro connection so I soon gave up and was reduced to listening to my father's happy shouts whenever Man U came close to scoring.
- Chelsea vs Man Utd: 1-1 after Kalou's late header cancelled out Park Ji-Sung's 18th minute goal. I was so relieved, was so worried because at 54 minutes, United were still leading! Furthermore, if we lost it meant that United had finally ended our 4 1/2 years unbeaten record at the Bridge.
- Man City vs Portsmouth: Pompey were aboslutely demolished 6-0
- West Brom vs Villa: 2-1 to Villa
- Hull City vs Everton: 2-2 draw
- Spurs vs Wigan: Another dullsville 0-0 at home that leaves Spurs rooted at the foot of the EPL table for another week. Goes to show that they should never have allowed Keane and Berbatov to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment