Finally. I thought the day would never come. I'm finally 17. Now, I can take my amali and L license. No more talking about "that day when I come of age la!"! I'm just like dying of envy because everyone at college has their license already and I'm always totally lost whenever they talk about driving and stuff.
However, it was a pretty sad and mundane affair.
As with almost all the previous birthdays for the last 5 years, I stayed at home. Unlike last year, thankfully without the urgent need to study for SPM.
But still kinda sad right?
With no birthday cake.
Or parents. Well, they're in Egypt. And they did wish me.
No friends. Well, Pooh and Fei Ni were supposed to take me out today but Fei Ni wasn't free.
But other than that, my handphone was obsessively busy today beeping with birthday messages!
And the irony? The people I most wanted to wish me did not wish me. I doubt they even remembered that it's my birthday today. I won't name names, it's not PC.
I won't hold it against them. After all, I don't expect them to remember my birthday. It's not mandatory.
But it kinda shows what kind of person you are. Well, maybe because I regard birthdays extremely highly and try to wish people if I can. To me, it represents a cardinal sin if you forget your good friend's birthday because what kind of friend are you? Shows that you don't think of them.
Only 10 more minutes to midnight. I better hurry if I want this post to be listed under 1st October.
Some random facts: 1st October is legally Children's Day in Singapore and El Salvador. It is also officially Hari Warga Tua in Malaysia. When I hit 50, I'm going to have a double celebration hehe.
But most importantly, thank you so much to the dozens of people who wished me today, you guys really made my day!
SMS: Wen An, Cassandra, Avinaash, Rui Zhen, Carynn, Brian, Jia Ern, Fei Ni, May Suen, Felicia, Ai Ling, Xin Wei; thank you all for taking the time out to remember me. And even Grace, all the way from London!
Facebook: Hun Yin, Wan Joo, Sen Yi, Cassandra, Avinaash, Sahil, Ru Jiun, Farahin, Chrystal, Brian, Pei Fang, Karmen, Saranya, Pik Yen, Andrew, Ai Rene, Vanitha, even Mr. Yap from CMD! Love you guys XD
Others: Avin and Joanne Gan (love the virtual birthday card, I'm so adding that app to my profile, could come in handy!)
And to my little brother lamb, for giving me two awesome presents and a cool birthday card! Thanks for being the only one at home to celebrate with me! And of course, special thanks to Cassie for your lovely pressies! Gosh that rhymed! The earrings and card are super cute, and you're an absolute godsend for giving me a bookmark just after I threw my old one away!
And a fantastic present from Kickette for posting a picture of a topless of Gareth Bale. A little obscene, but a post that was received extremely well.
Since camera is in Cairo now, pictures to come later!
Today I've turned seventeen
But presents are few and far between
And all my friends laugh and jest
Because I'm still not legal yet!
Bad verse, but the best I could come up with.
Toast to the new year ahead!
PS Villa, Chelsea and Utd won while Arsenal crashed to a shock defeat by Hull (*curses*).
Arsenal whipped Porto 4-0 in the Champo League however. More on that later.
And last but not least, since it is the first day, Selamat Hari Raya dan maaf zahir batin to all Muslims all round the world! Enjoy the feasting! :)
However, it was a pretty sad and mundane affair.
As with almost all the previous birthdays for the last 5 years, I stayed at home. Unlike last year, thankfully without the urgent need to study for SPM.
But still kinda sad right?
With no birthday cake.
Or parents. Well, they're in Egypt. And they did wish me.
No friends. Well, Pooh and Fei Ni were supposed to take me out today but Fei Ni wasn't free.
But other than that, my handphone was obsessively busy today beeping with birthday messages!
And the irony? The people I most wanted to wish me did not wish me. I doubt they even remembered that it's my birthday today. I won't name names, it's not PC.
I won't hold it against them. After all, I don't expect them to remember my birthday. It's not mandatory.
But it kinda shows what kind of person you are. Well, maybe because I regard birthdays extremely highly and try to wish people if I can. To me, it represents a cardinal sin if you forget your good friend's birthday because what kind of friend are you? Shows that you don't think of them.
Only 10 more minutes to midnight. I better hurry if I want this post to be listed under 1st October.
Some random facts: 1st October is legally Children's Day in Singapore and El Salvador. It is also officially Hari Warga Tua in Malaysia. When I hit 50, I'm going to have a double celebration hehe.
But most importantly, thank you so much to the dozens of people who wished me today, you guys really made my day!
SMS: Wen An, Cassandra, Avinaash, Rui Zhen, Carynn, Brian, Jia Ern, Fei Ni, May Suen, Felicia, Ai Ling, Xin Wei; thank you all for taking the time out to remember me. And even Grace, all the way from London!
Facebook: Hun Yin, Wan Joo, Sen Yi, Cassandra, Avinaash, Sahil, Ru Jiun, Farahin, Chrystal, Brian, Pei Fang, Karmen, Saranya, Pik Yen, Andrew, Ai Rene, Vanitha, even Mr. Yap from CMD! Love you guys XD
Others: Avin and Joanne Gan (love the virtual birthday card, I'm so adding that app to my profile, could come in handy!)
And to my little brother lamb, for giving me two awesome presents and a cool birthday card! Thanks for being the only one at home to celebrate with me! And of course, special thanks to Cassie for your lovely pressies! Gosh that rhymed! The earrings and card are super cute, and you're an absolute godsend for giving me a bookmark just after I threw my old one away!
And a fantastic present from Kickette for posting a picture of a topless of Gareth Bale. A little obscene, but a post that was received extremely well.
Since camera is in Cairo now, pictures to come later!
Today I've turned seventeen
But presents are few and far between
And all my friends laugh and jest
Because I'm still not legal yet!
Bad verse, but the best I could come up with.
Toast to the new year ahead!
PS Villa, Chelsea and Utd won while Arsenal crashed to a shock defeat by Hull (*curses*).
Arsenal whipped Porto 4-0 in the Champo League however. More on that later.
And last but not least, since it is the first day, Selamat Hari Raya dan maaf zahir batin to all Muslims all round the world! Enjoy the feasting! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment