
Frankie tussling with two defenders (looks like Grounds and Taylor) during Chelsea's match at the Riverside
What a great display. I thoroughly enjoyed what turned out to be an exhibition match by my beloved Blues (and Frankie!) at the Riverside where Boro were trounced 5-0, Kalou scoring a brace and Lamps a diving header which was Chelsea's fourth while Juliano Belleti scored an absolute cracker from 25 yards out into Ross Turnbull's (who sucked big time) top corner. Top notch. Turnbull was also embarassed later when he failed to collect an Anelka shot which rebounded off his right post and which was turned in neatly by Florent Malouda. After an interesting first-half utterly dominated by Chelsea, Boro started the 2nd half in determined fashion and were starting to find their feet a little. Just as they began taking the game to Chelsea, up pops Belleti with that wonder goal which totally changed the sentiment of the game. Forced to come out and attack, gaps began to open in the already porous Boro defense and the results were 3 goals in quick succession within 20 minutes. Game over by 67' minutes but Chelsea never let up, instead turning on the firepower to maybe score a 6th but Anelka's shot was ruled offside. No matter, we won and Stuart Downing and co were humilated big time. Andy Gray commented that it wasn't that Boro played badly but Chelsea were so good that it made them look bad. True, true. And with an almost reserve team with 7 first teamers missing, including Ballack, Carvalho, Cech and Ashley Cole. Scolari even had the luxury of giving the newly returned Deco and young Scott Sinclair some pitch time at Teeside.
Elsewhere, Liverpool came from behind to win 3-2 against Wigan at Anfield with Dirk Kuyt their saviour again, reminiscent of their come-from-behind win at Man City a fortnight ago. Sunderland were left to rue a controversial refereeing decision which cost them three points at Craven Cottage while Bolton, Portsmouth, Villa and Rovers all played to goalless stalemates. Arsenal also overcame a jittery start to defeat Everton 3-1 at the Emirates.
Tomorrow:-
Stoke City vs Spurs
Hull City vs West Ham
Prediction: West Ham and Spurs finally to win.
PS Treasure Hunt cancelled. Goody, just in time with mocks coming up.
I had a freak accident today. I woke up in the morning to find a thread attached to my earring, and I didn't realise it at first until I realised that the intense pain from my ear was due to that stupid cushion dangling by a thread from my earlobe! I had to hop all the way outside with the huge cushion hanging from my ear and as I opened my mouth to shout for help, the thread unhooked itself. Then I realised the stud was lost. Never mind, but then to make matters worse, after I came out from the toilet and looked in the bathroom mirror, my earring fell out. Jeez! I guessed it had probably fell into the toilet bowl! Luckily my mum had a spare sapphire stud which we used to prevent the hole from closing.
Then I went for my amali session at SDC. After a 3 hour lecture, I finally got behind the wheel. I was really nervous at first and the horrible instructor kept on calling me Ah Moi and was kinda insulting and impatient. Lol. But I eventually got the hang of it and my steering control improved. Kinda fun to be cruising along slowly around the circuit up and down the slope in the little Kancil! Even if I can't remember when to let go and press the clutch and brake and stuff like that. Hopefully I'll learn.
Oh, and the stud and earring were found after all, praise the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment