Sunday, October 5, 2008

Out Of Jail

Fate is cruel. Really cruel.

I just finished watching Arsenal vs Sunderland live at the Stadium of Light minutes ago. And what a truly dramatic finish to the game! After a tense, tight affair for about 85 minutes, Roy Keane puts on Grant Leadbitter as a sub for Steed Malbranque. I was a little surprised, because I thought Keane would throw in Chopra to give the attack a little more bite since it was still scoreless. And seconds later, Leadbitter scores this fantastic goal into the top right corner! Wow. I swear the stadium almost exploded with the noise the home fans made. But then, stupid Craig Gordon completely misjudged van Persie's corner and Senor Fabregas kindly heads home from close range. What a shame. And with only 30 seconds left in injury time. Blasted keeper was having a shaky day. But the driving rain and howling winds probably didn't do him any favours. I totally thought the Mackems would hold on just a bit longer for a precious three points against the Gunners. I love the Gunners, but I alway support Sunderland when they're playing because of Craig Gordon. And the idiot spoiled everything! That late, late, late goal left a really sour taste in my mouth especially after that absolute screamer from Leadbitter. Idiot did not come out for any crosses, did not punch away any corners and utterly deserved to get a slaking from Keano for a performance that did not vindicate his 9 million pound price tag at all! It was a cruel blow, especially as Sunderland had been really well organized and really took the game to Arsenal and deserved to take all three points off them. But credit to Fabregas for "bailing them out of jail", again, as in so many other occasions, to quote the commentator.

He'd so better play well for Scotland during the international break next week to worm his way back into my affections lol.

Tonight: Man Utd vs Blackburn
Tottenham vs Hull City

Prediction: United to nick it by a goal or two. I'm gonna be brave and go for a Hull win against a Tottenham side that went through to the UEFA Cup group stages by the skin of their teeth by beating Wisla Krakow 3-2 on aggregate.

And yes, finally! The US Congress has passed the $700 bil bailout plan after initially rejecting it. As a result, the Dow plunged like what, 778 points? However, that obviously served as a wake-up call and the bill was passed and has been endorsed by George Bush. This plan is the biggest bailout plan by the government in US history since the Great Depression.

No comments: