Ahh....and so was written another twist to the circus that was Tottenham Hotspurs. Manager Juande Ramos was sacked on the eve of the game (interestingly, exactly one year later after Jol was unfairly dismissed...karmic ain't it!) against Bolton and guess who came in? Well, of all people, 'ole Harry Redknapp of Pompey! Well well well. An ole Harry here took 24 hours to do what Ramos failed to do in 3 months: win a league game. Tottenham beat Bolton 2-0 at WHL, their first league win in about 3 months, which still leaves them bottom of the table on 5 points but it was nonetheless, a very much needed morale-boosting 3 points. I haven't watched the game (and I doubt I will) but reports say the team played like a new 11, with Luka Modric looking like a new signing. But the real acid test comes tomorrow at the Emirates against Asenal. Can Mr Redknapp engrave his name in the hearts of the WHL faithful forever by emerging with all 3 points? We await and see. But then again, perhaps it's not so surprising that he left Portsmouth. They're up for sale, have no money for transfers, reportedly almost bankrupt and may have to sell some of their big name players like Crouchie and Defoe to raise in enough cash just to keep the club afloat. Redknapp definitely wouldn't want to embroiled in this sort of financial turmoil within the club, and since Damien Commoli has also been cleared out, why not? Wish 'ole triple chin all the best!
But wait...just read that he may cash in and sell Bale to those vultures United and Liverpool come January. 10 million pounds is a 'double-your-money' offer for him and reports say Harry just might be tempted to sell him, seeing as he's been so injury-prone lately and just might decide to rake in a good profit on him. Do that Harry and I swear I'm gonna hate you for life...sell him to our worst enemies? Never! United and Liverpool have already stolen Keane and Dimitar, what more do they want? Bale as well? Jeez. But cheers, he's returning for the North London derby tomorrow! I thought he was suspended for 3 games after seeing red at the Brittania last week.
Went to Sunway Lagoon with my family yesterday. Dullsville seriously. But then again, I was bribed with the possibility of getting a new camera, a Canon camera of the IXUS series worth about RM 1250. Or at the very least, RM 899. How could I refuse?
Ate O'Briens with Fei Ni and Lucinda today. The sandwiches there are crazily expensive but we had loads of 'buy 1 free 1' vouchers so it was reasonable...but even then that measly wrappo I ordered cost a shocking RM 15.50!! I had the 4c wrappo: Chicken, Chicken Crisp and Cheddar hot wrappo which comes with red peppers and capsicums while Fei Ni had the Chicken Cranberry which came with cucumber and lettuce eew. Luckily I didn't order that. Hope we can go there again before the vouchers expire next week...
Tomorrow:-
Arsenal vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Hull
Man Utd vs West Ham
Sunderland vs Stoke
Predictions:-
My Blues to bounce back, Roy's boys, Devils and Gooners to all win big.
No comments:
Post a Comment