Friday, October 3, 2008

Post-Birthday Celebration

Post-birthday celebration at 1U with Pooh and Fei Ni today. Or more specifically, October 2, because I'm typing this post at midnight.

No pics, because as aforementioned, camera is probably languishing in a tomb with mummies or cruising down the river Nile at this very moment.

11.40 am: House phone rings. Ignore it, turn over and let lamb answer it.

11.42 am: Brother comes running into room and holds out phone.

Su-Wen (me): *groggily* Hello?

Carynn: Hello, Su-Wen? Still sleeping ar?

Me: *mumbles* Erm kinda la...I went to sleep at 2 something yesterday...

Carynn: Huh why? Anyway, you want to go out today right? Fei Ni and I messaged you but there was no reply. So I guessed you must still be sleeping....

Me: (thinks) Hmmm good guess.

12.40 pm: Carynn comes and picks me up. Poor girl got lost on the way though.

1.15 pm: We're rounding and rounding and rounding round the new wing and the worst part? Her fuel gauge is nearing 'E'! The red light is already on. I start to sweat. Curses happy shoppers who have no intention of leaving and vacating their parking spot.

1.20 pm: By a great stroke of luck, we find a parking spot on the rooftop at the old wing.

1.30 pm: Meet up with Fei Ni and try to book tickets for 'Eagle Eye'. Only 2nd, 3rd and 4th row left. Best seats are all reserved. Fei Ni looks at clock. At 1.40 pm, they will start selling the reserved seats because tickets have to be collected 45 minutes before the show starts. (2.00 pm). We scuttle back into queue. Btw, Fei Ni surprised me by giving me a cool MPH RM 20 voucher and another bookmark, which is the same brand as the one Cass gave me yesterday! Coincidence? :)

1.40 pm: We approach counter no. 2 at precisely 1.40 pm. But the horrible man refused to sell us tickets, saying the management does not allow reserved tickets to be sold at all! Wth? However, luckily after consulting with his colleague, he gives in and we happily got three middle seats 3 rows from the back! Am absolutely starving, so I buy a cup of corn and share the Ice Lemon tea combo with Pooh.

4.00 pm: Movie finishes. Plenty of thrills, chills and suspense. Personally, I thought the plot was quite ingenious eventhough I only began to fully understand it towards the end. Not too much great chemistry between Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan though.

4.10 pm: We head towards U-Parkson where Pooh is going to forge her mum's signature for the first time. Spot Joanne Chen and Keith Khoo together as well as Wendy and Michelle Tan in quick succesion. Pooh makes a big fuss after that because she apparently forgot a 't' in her signature.

4.15 pm: We go bargain hunting at Padini because Pooh is looking for a sleeveless black top she saw a few weeks ago. There were some great tops and bags there but I was kinda lazy to try them on eventhough they were 50% off. However, our efforts was fruitless as the top could not be found. It was probably sold already.

5.00 pm: Go PS 2 game hunting for my brother's birthday gift. After visiting two shops who both quoted me the same price, I went back to the first shop and bought one Premier League 08/09 and one FIFA International game. Hope he likes them.

5.30 pm: Pooh and I head back home.

5.50 pm: Stupid brother has already discovered the PS games! Jeez! All my trouble for nothing! But at least I don't have to wrap his present now.

Managed to compose a few more bars on my two new songs. With luck, they may be completed next week.

Must really start studying for Accounts test on Monday and read Econs. Am already totally lost in Unit 4.

No comments: